SAVE THE DATES
April 28 - 29, 2020
Holiday Inn & Expo Center | Columbia, MO
Registration is now open >> CLICK HERE
If you click the link above and look in the upper right hand corner, you will find the agenda and speaker information.
Registration Price: $20 per person
CEUS: CEUs will be provided for the summit at no additional cost. We are still finalizing the total number of hours and will get that information out as soon as possible.
Hotel Information: Holiday Inn and Expo Center, 2200 Interstate 70 Dr. SW, Columbia, MO 65203. The group rate is $96.00 per night. To make reservations, please call 573.203.8178 and reference the Children's Trauma Summit to get the group rate. Reservations must be made by March 27, 2020 in order to receive the group rate. Anything made after that date is not guaranteed. Click the link below to make your hotel reservations now. Reservation Link: CLICK HERE
2019 Summit Recap:
AGENDA >> CLICK HERE
*Click the titles below to download and/or view the PDF of the PowerPoint from the sessions.
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Keynote | Rediscovering The Beauty Within, Sasha Joseph Neulinger, Voice for the Kids
Session 1 Breakout
1. Teasing out Autism: signs, screening & referral, Karen Ann O’Connor, Thompson Center for Autism and Neurodevelopmental Disorders 2. A Practical Conversation about Suicide: Asking the Question, Amanda Davis, LPC, Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City Crittenton Children’s Center
4. Federal & National Capacity Building Resources for Mitigating Trauma in Children, DeAnna Alonso, Central Missouri Foster Care & Adoption Association; Brooke Dearman, MU Student AmeriCorps Vista Alumni; and Michelle Hilley, Current AmeriCorps Vista Member
Keynote | An American Summer: Emerging from the gun violence of our cities, Alex Kotlowitz, Author
Session 2 Breakout
1. Telling Stories | How Do We Tell the Stories of Those Who Have Experienced Violence, Alex Kotlowitz, Author
6. Beyond Words: Experiencing the Power of Music to Help Heal Trauma, Susie McGaughey, Matt McGaughey and Kayla Ellis, Great Circle
Session 3 Breakout
2. Developmental and Behavioral Outcomes of Children with In-Utero Substance Exposure, DePorres Cormier II, MD, St. Louis University, Knights of Columbus Developmental Center at SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital
5. Beyond Words: Experiencing the Power of Visual Art to Help Heal Trauma, Susie McGaughey, Matt McGaughey and Kayla Ellis, Great Circle
6. "I'm Sad, Mad & Traumatized... And You Still Expect Me To Learn?", Bryan Pearlman, PhD, Distinguished School of Mental Health & Wellness
The Missouri Children’s Trauma Network invites you to join us as a sponsor at the 5th annual 2020 training
summit on April 29, 2020 at the Holiday Inn & Expo Center in Columbia, MO. This is an important opportunity
to showcase your organization to Missouri personnel from community mental health centers, child advocacy
centers, child welfare agencies, schools, and so many more. The conference is a host to over 400 attendees and
we are confident that you will find this conference a good investment of you time and resources.
Click here for the full sponsorship information.
Register now >> CLICK HERE | Registration Levels:
Platinum Level | $500 o Gold Level | $350 o Silver Level | $250